ITBM Group Healthcare Division places a great importance on its environment and it is its vision to ensure it plays a part in the protection and long-term sustainability of the natural world.
We consistently aim to operate in an environmentally responsible manner and reduce its impact on its surroundings. We recognise that our activities have an impact on the environment in terms of the use of raw materials, emissions to air and water, and waste generation, and seek to minimise this as far as is reasonably practicable.
The main objective of ITBM Group Healthcare Division environmental policy is to reduce the amount of waste produced and resources used by the business. ITBM Group Healthcare Division first priority is to explore all avenues of waste reduction. Once all waste reduction routes have been exhausted, the company aims to recycle as much of its waste as possible.
ITBM Group Healthcare Division has introduced numerous initiatives to restrict its negative impact on the environment wherever possible. The company’s commitments include:
- Continual improvement in its environmental performance
- Preventing pollution
- Compliance with all environmental legislation, regulations and codes of practice relevant to the industry sector in which it operates.
It is the policy of ITBM Group Healthcare Division to:
- Make efficient use of natural resources by conserving energy and water, minimising waste, and recycling where possible
- Meet its duty of care requirements in relation to waste by ensuring the safe keeping, transportation and subsequent recovery or disposal of waste
- Use recycled materials whenever these can be commercially justified
- Implementing recycling initiatives for items that cannot be reduced or re-used
- Keep transport use to a minimum and regularly service vehicles to maintain their efficiency
- Communicating the environmental policy to all employees and encouraging their involvement
- Work with suppliers to ensure they recognise and reduce the environmental impact of their products and transportation.
- Encouraging more sustainable purchasing practices by purchasing environmentally responsible items wherever practicable
ITBM Group Healthcare Division will review this policy on annual basis, taking account of any changes within legislation and our organisation, and other factors. We will communicate this policy to all our employees and ensure that they are given appropriate training to raise awareness of environmental issues.
The company also commits to producing a report summarising its key environmental performance and achievements on an annual basis so that ongoing targets and objectives can be set.